Have you found a place you’re interested in holding your wedding at? The venue is an important aspect of the wedding. It’s something that must be considered down to the very minor details- and rightfully so. This is one of the many reasons weddings are usually year-long affairs. Every aspect of a wedding is perfected in order to provide for the best day possible.
So what are these important factors and how can one assure that they get every one of them handled before the big day?
Things to consider when selecting a wedding venue
1. Capacity: Here is an important one, how many people are you hoping to invite to your wedding, and how many of them can actually come? This is pretty intuitive of course- it makes sense to find a venue that is enough for everyone that can handle all the people that will be attending, but also not too much. After all, you don’t want to be paying for extra seats that no one will use!
2. Budget: How much money are you willing to spend on this dream venue? Have a serious talk with your fiancé whilst you’re deciding the wedding plans, try to find a maximum price point and stick to it. There are many venues open for many different costs- so try to decide what you know you cannot afford so that there will be no regrets later on.
3. Date: What time of the year would you like for your wedding to be held? Consider how that will affect the wedding you choose to have. For example, outdoor weddings that do not include an indoors option might not be something you are willing to risk. Beach venues in particular- you might expect a nice sunny day and get exactly that- but 10x hotter! That might be uncomfortable to some of the guests that are attending, especially if everyone is wearing stuffy suits and dresses. The opposite can also be said, whereas the sun disappears and it turns out to be a rainy day.
4. Packages: Does the venue offer packages with amenities that they can provide? This might be both a good and a bad thing. Don’t be tempted to get the most costly package available- try to stick to what you know you’re going to need. For example, does the venue take care of catering, or is that something you will have to handle yourself? Try to find something that fits your tastes, and isn’t something that will just go to waste.
5. Style: There is an abundance of places that would willingly accept a bid to rent out the whole establishment. Some of these may not be the common wedding venue- but use your imagination! Be creative and find something that you know will be special to you and your fiancé, and make it happen! Sometimes you don’t know the many surprises these venues hold. Whether you’re looking to stand out from the crowd with an unusual wedding venue or enjoy the elegant-classics, there are many to choose from. So choose wisely.